Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 38- I have comments!

I just realized that I have a total of three comments. I feel so loved! No really, I do, it's like I'm a blog celeb. I'm on the W list, eat your heart out Kathy Griffin.

So, I would like to tell you about The Hubs and his amazing shopping skills. As some of you know, I have been vexed by toilet paper for a while. I suppose I could get off my lazy bum and find a janitorial supply shop to find paper wrapped paper. That seems a little redundant, but eh, whatevs. But Will found paper wrapped paper at Whole Foods. AND HOLY CRAP!!! I just looked online at Staples, and I can totally buy TP wrapped in paper. And I can have a glorious 48 rolls at a time. TP FOR ALL!! Ok people, you can come to my house and use the bathroom now. I know you are all piddling your pants in joy, but at least you have something to wipe with. Ok, enough TP jokes.

We also have been looking for mayo, well Will has been looking for mayo, I was content to make it at home. I don't know if you remember, but mayo used to come in those wavy glass jars? Then you get to use the jar to hold nuts and bolts and stuff? Yeah, doesn't happen anymore. Now we have easy squeezy jars, but we can't buy those. So anyway, not only did The Hubs get TP, but he also found mayo and old school milk containers. So for those of you keeping track- I can now have my sweet taters with a garlic mayo. I had it tonight, it was good. Then I ran to the store today and I found plastic free q-tips! Today, I feel that I defeated plastic.


My friend Erika also found this article for me: Beyond BPA

I haven't had a chance to can a lot of things, but the farmers markets are opening soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment