Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 47- The Joys of Easter

Wow, I've been AWOL for a while. Sorry 'bout that. I do have some fun updates though!

1) As most of you know, it's Lent right now. I am sad to say that I was unable to find a King Cake, which is just as well. Will won't eat King Cake until the baby is found, so I would be eating King Cake for days. Anyway, for Lent I gave up bacon. I was really good for the first 3 days, but then it was Sunday and I couldn't have bacon, so I had oatmeal. Let me just tell you, in case you didn't know, oatmeal does not compare to bacon. In case you are wondering, the Hubbs gave up soda.

2) At the end of Lent is Easter! I LOVE Easter, both for the bunnies and for the ham; it's my second favorite holiday. The best thing about Easter is the eggs. I don't just mean the deviled eggs, but also the Cadbury eggs. Now, I don't know if you've ever had a Cadbury Egg, but they are full of gooey tastiness.  I gorge on them for 2 weeks and I'm over it, but I do look forward them every year. The BEST part? They are foil wrapped, so my Easter is totally fair game. Sadly I can't nestle them in a bed of astroturf grass, but maybe I can get some weeds off the side of the road. Oh, yes. And Easter also means deviled eggs.

3) I've decided that this blog needs more pictures, I mean, who wants to READ? Last week, I bought some really cool wrap things, called kids konserve wraps.

Let me disclaim that, yes, these are plastic, but they are also reusable and they have a Velcro so they really well. Of course, I grew up in California and lived in Texas, so I have mad burrito wrapping skills.   I can use them to wrap cheese and take left overs. I've been carrying one around in my purse so if I need to take leftovers I'm not unprepared. Sadly, they came from a website called ecobabybuys, which freaked The Hubbs out. He was a little freaked out by baby things coming to the house.

So there you are, one picture!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment